Sunday, December 7, 2014

Feeling Happy :D

Hard to believe it's been a month since I last updated! I haven't really been busy just haven't done much. But today was just a truly great day so I thought I'd share it with you all!
I went to Bangkok today with my host parents and host cousins to visit my host aunt who is in the hospital with Cancer. She is so amazing! Even with being sick in the hospital, she still smiles, makes jokes, and makes everyone in the room feel happy to be around her! After that we went to visit one of the big temples in Bangkok and I got to see a monk-in-training become a monk! I got to talk with some funny people who were there to help celebrate and eat some delicious pastries! Overall very fun! I also got to spend some quality time with my 10 year old cousin who was very shy at first but quickly warmed up to me. When we got home, my host dad asked if I wanted to go swimming and of course I wanted to! I got to swim around for an hour just relaxing which felt awesome! It was the first real physical activity I've done in weeks (I have seriously been so lazy)! After showering I went to eat dinner and found that my host dad got cheesy hot dogs and chocolate milk! In such a short time he has got me figured out haha. It was totally the perfect meal to end my day and I just feel very happy!

In other news, school is good and I'm having fun. Second semester started last month and I've officially been placed in a class, grade 11 class 1. Most of the subjects are boring like math, science, and history but all my friends are in this class so I wouldn't want to switch. Every weekend I've been doing something, whether it's shopping in Bangkok or Saraburi, going to a wedding, or hanging out with my friends!
Last Friday was Father's Day/The King's Birthday so I had no school! Unfortunately I had to get up at 4:30am so we could go to Pattaya. We went to a family memorial sight where we gave offerings to their ancestors then ate all the food used in the offering (it was a lot of food). After that We went to this super fun place called Ripley's Believe It or Not! I got to see some strange artifacts, walk through a very realistic wax museum (I was fooled more than once thinking something was real),  and go through a later maze! It was so fun and cool to see everything!
Soon I'll be switching host families. I'm sad to leave this family which I've gotten so comfortable with but I'm also very excited to get to know a new family! I promise to tell you all about them!
I miss everyone so much but not to worry, I'm having fantastically amazing time here!


No comments:

Post a Comment